Sunday, July 24, 2011

Little Tree Gnomes


I know I’m likely to see the little gnomes that live in the frees

They have left their land again and they come to live here
They always ask me to play, often times occurring around midday
They are so kind…as they juggle their knives




The gnomes in the free’s, they tap on my window

I tell them that it’s late, but they continue to stay
T don’t want to play, not tomorrow, not today
I would like for them to just go back to their trees

They only bother me when they throw thoughts from the frees
I’ve already tried to give them what they want
I have found that they are liars and they constantly  pry
Always asking questions and giving me directions
I don’t want to juggle knives but they keep on insisting
They tell me theirs a reason, but to say would be treason

Fine, little gnome, you persistent little drone,
I’ll give you what you want if you’ll just leave me alone
I learn to juggle knives…Its actually kind of fun…

Finally they tell me…I’ve been chosen for a mission
First, I must promise to keep them a secret
or It would endanger my family…
They tell me of the mission, I strain so hard to listen

When they are finished I couldn’t believe all of the bad bad
Things they could see
I agree to help and to keep them a secret

I am so lucky to be chosen by the secret tree gnomes
My mission is classified I let them move indoors
They are my companions…at night they guard the doors

My family can’t see but I understand…
I can’t tell them anyways…
It would ruin the plan.

I train in the night when all are sleeping.
The tree gnomes tell me that sleeping is for the weak

During the day I sleep if I can..
Woken by mother who just doesn’t understand

Mom and Dad tell me I’m getting worse.
I see it in their eyes…I’m a burdensome curse

I can’t work because of the voices…
I’ve done some things, made some bad choices

But now it’s okay because of the gnomes
My family will see once the plan is complete
They will be so proud…

I would tell them now but it would put them in danger
The gnomes reassure me that it will all be better soon

Tonight is the night my mission is soon
I have all the items and I’m locked in my room

Thank you kind gnomes for all of your help
The moment is now…
I am ready to travel

I have the knives around my waste and I’m in position
I know how to travel because I’ve really listened

The tree gnomes are smiling, it’s time to travel.
They are chanting my name as I climb on the dresser

I will see my family when I return
They will be so proud, I’m a warrior they’ll learn

I wave goodbye to MY EMPTY ROOM
Jump off the dresser, the noose tightens so soon

I CAN’T  BREATH, I CAN’T BREATH
WHY DIDN’’T I TRAVEL?

CHOKING I SEE ALL THE GNOMES
LAUGHING…CACKLING

I don’t understand why are they laughing, I’m Dying
I’m Dying, and they are just Laughing

My Parents break in but it was to late
My dead body dangles with knives around my waste.



Pinned to my chest it says I’m a warrior

It says Ill be loved once I fix the gnome border

My parents cry…
I died all alone, there were no tree gnomes and I…
Am no warrior

I’m just a dead schizophrenic kid,
That wanted the love his parents couldn't give
I am dead with demons in my head

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, go read some of my fantasy poetry. I love mythic creatures, gnomes, giants, trolls, ogres, and so forth. This was pretty cool. I love the juggling knives, that's super cool and the tangential flow is tremendous, can take the mind into a few different directions, even with the ending as it stands, which for me anyhow makes for a fun and entertaining read. If you would have shot me a message ahead of time I could have saved you a bunch of troubles, I've known gnomes are some nasty buggers for awhile know lol, but then again if you did you wouldn't have came up with such a great write. Really good job Randy.

TheLargeYard said...

True. At first the little gnomes weren't even suppose to be all that bad..more-so an irritating distraction. Kind of evolved into this and their irritating gestures and long nails...turned to knives and they never existed. It was quite a transformation but I enjoyed the journey. I will have to send you a drawing I have I drew about a year ago. Took me all night. A gnome on a stump in the forest and he is reaching toward the you and his hands are large and at the edge of paper...has yellow nails and they have blood on them. It cam out very well. I will find it. Thank you sir for the post. Always appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous said...

hell yeah this is da shit. you go randy. Saw you got published. celeb... haaaa

Derek Pelletier said...

Gnomes are emulated into reality quite well. Gnames with ice pics and fire scythes run rampant in America, the land of make believe...Props to the author, credit given where credit is deserved.

TheLargeYard said...

Thank you Derek. I'm sure you remember me. Randy Sturridge. FIT...Kaitlin, Steph Link, etc..We took you around your freshmen year.

Glad that you posted. This is one of my entrepreneurial outlets aimed at fueling the steady engine of sole propriety.

G E Shutt said...

As a parent of a son with problems I find this one incredibly sad. I knew where it was heading and didn't want to get there but couldn't stop.

TheLargeYard said...

A poem that only needs to be read once but compels one to show others for its effect but not necessary to journey the painful road again.

Like a very sad or disturbing movie. Have to see it once and then never again...but will tell friends that they must see it.

This is the return that I've taken from this creation...Little Tree Gnomes that juggle knives play at the mind of the curious little boy.

Thanks for the comment.