Monday, July 4, 2011

Melancholy Devotee


photo edited for free at www.pizap.com
Illustrator:  Randy Sturridge 


Lost and confused while losing my grip

Feeling my mind and sanity slip

How did this happen, for I can’t explain

Your love seems to shift like sunshine to rain

I tried so hard to give you my love

Hoping the crow will become a white dove

I know at times you lose control

Rage ensues while you target my soul

You have said some things that cripple my hope

I cry like a child as you tighten the rope

I am pathetic don’t call me a man

I wish I could give you what others can

My confidence rips as you continue to say

How useless and worthless I am on most days

How did I lose the love that you held

Only for me, the wind for my sails

I refuse to forget the love we once shared

I am nothing at all if you never cared

I don’t know what you’re going to do

If you’re going to leave me to find someone new

I just wanted to express the depth of my love

It so great and strong and transcends above

I get so nervous when you are upset

I become the target of verbal roulette

I don’t care that you have a disease

My life, your life, let me love you please

I know I’m not perfect and I've made mistakes

Please your love, your love don’t take

You are my soul mate, I know in my heart

The thought of losing you tears me apart

Randy Sturridge

No comments: